Friday, February 5, 2010

Wintry Mix

Thursday we were sent home from school early due to snow.  I had a class first hour, with the fifth grade.  As we were waiting for the rest of the students to trickle in due to bus delays, I had to come up with a quick English lesson on the spot.  I couldn't teach the lesson I had planned as half the students weren't in.  So thankful for the smartboard, I pulled up pics of snow on google images and we did a quick journal on snow activities.  This is by far my favorite picture.  The students loved it.  I don't know who took it, so I can't give it credit, but enjoy it anyway.

 

On the way home  I did see a little snow, more sleet, and a lot of rain.  It's been cold, but nothing like the snowy Michigan winters I used to endure.  We just received a text message that tomorrow is a one hour delay unless we hear otherwise.  It's been nice to have a little extra time at home.  Baby Bulb is taking his first steps.  He turns a year in about a week.  My, how time flies.              ~ Um Tulip

No comments: