Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Spongebob

My two year old is now singing Happy Birthday to Spongebob.  Teddy Bear turned 5 this week and today was his Spongebob themed party.  A good friend helped me make marshmallow fondant and we made the most amazing cake.  I will never be able to top this cake, no matter how many more birthday parties I throw over the years.

One thing I love about Teddy Bear is how fun and at-ease he is with people of all nationalities.  He has a knack for Arabic, and is a total boy. He's enthralled with light sabers, and his BFF bought him one for his birthday.  The kids had a blast tearing through the house playing today. His invite list for his birthday party included people from six countries.  Not a single child that came to today was 100% American, most were 50% this and 50% that.  I guess at times I feel more comfortable with an international crowds.  Abu Tulip has a scholarship to do some graduate study in the States next fall, and I'm worried about fitting in there.  I love our international life, and the amazing people I meet on a daily basis.

Here is the cake, before and after the party.



  Happy Birthday to my sweet 5 year old.

    ~ Um Tulip

2 comments:

Sharon M said...

Wow, Um Tulip. Impressive cake. I've heard about using marshmallows to make fondant but have never tried it. You're now inspiring me to make up for all the *lame* cakes I have made for my kids over the years :-)

USA in the fall, huh? We seem to keep passing each other like ships in the night. Maybe we should start planning a trip to Disneyworld together in, say, five years?

said...

Why was only his head eaten? Are his pants an odd flavor, or were the kids hoping to absorb his comedic power by eating his brain?